This is a crunchy chicken and rice salad with an East Indian influence.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons peach or mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons ground curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
In a large bowl, combine the rice, chicken, celery, green onions, bell peppers, sour cream, mayonnaise, chutney, curry and salt. Mix well, cover and refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.