The sweetness of sugar snap peas, coconut milk and shrimp is highlighted by a mild curry flavor in this easy to prepare, colorful curry. Pick your favorite curry powder - the curry tastes great with Red Curry Powder, mild Indian Curry Powder or hot Madras
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Indian Curry Powder (Mild)*
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 green onions, sliced
Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sugar snap peas; sprinkle with curry powder and garlic salt. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink.
Stir coconut milk, wine and lime juice into cornstarch until smooth. Add to shrimp mixture. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and simmer 2 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve over rice, if desired.
*Or use McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Hot Madras Curry Powder or McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Red Curry Powder.