Tender strips of chicken are cooked with spinach in a spicy cream sauce!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the chicken in the butter about 5 minutes, until browned.
Season the chicken with the cumin, coriander, ginger, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Mix in the garlic. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet, and bring the mixture to a boil.
Stir in the spinach and cook about 5 minutes. Mix in the heavy cream, and cook until heated through. Continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Salt to taste.