Versatile cut-out cookies that may be glazed, decorated, and cut into any shape you desire. Perfect for the holidays or any time!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Colored sugar sprinkles (optional)
- Confectioners' Sugar Glaze(optional):
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, almond extract or lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 1 dash food color (optional)
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. With mixer on low speed, beat EAGLE BRAND®, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until mixed. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. (If using portable mixer, use wooden spoon to stir in last portion of flour mixture.) Divide dough into thirds. Wrap and chill dough about 2 hours or until easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough, one portion at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with floured cookie cutters. Reroll as necessary to use all dough. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar (optional). Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until very lightly browned around the edges (do not overbake). Cool. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Glaze and decorate as desired.
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze (optional): Combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, almond extract or lemon extract. Stir in enough milk to make glaze consistency. Tint with food coloring (optional).