Mexican flavors will make this chicken casserole a family favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, preferably brown
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans no-salt-added tomatoes, diced or crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped poblano pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper slices (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread rice in a shallow 3-quart casserole. Top with chicken. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, beans, corn, peppers, seasonings and garlic; pour over chicken. Top with cheese and optional jalapeno. Bake 45 minutes.