This great pasta, chili and cheese dish may be prepared in minutes!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
Crumble beef into a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 3 minutes on high; drain fat and stir in onion, chili powder, basil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, tomatoes and tomato paste. Fill the paste can with water and add. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
Stir broken spaghetti into meat mixture; re-cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Stir, re-cover and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until spaghetti is tender. Stir in beans, re-cover and let stand 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine cheese, sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Microwave on medium-high for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve over spaghetti mixture.