I think we 've all had this salad once or twice, but never seem to have the recipe. Now 's your chance. And it un-mold beautifully on the plate - shimmering and showing off its stuff.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) package small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 maraschino cherries, halved
Grease or butter one 2 quart gelatin mold pan.
In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil; add gelatin and mix until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Stir in mayonnaise, cottage cheese, pineapples, walnuts and marshmallows.
Pour into molded pan and chill until firm. Remove onto serving dish and garnish with halved cherries.
Potato Salad Tips