Baked beans, lima beans and kidney beans flavored with ground beef, bacon, onion, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Butter beans can be substituted for the lima beans.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a Dutch oven, saute the ground beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until beef is browned; drain excess fat. Stir in the bacon, baked beans, lima beans, kidney beans, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Mix all together well and cover.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour.