Best chili concoction this side of the Rio Grande! Not for the faint of heart.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
In a large saucepan or stockpot, cook ground beef, onion and red pepper until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat.
Stir in the chili powder, garlic, bay leaf, diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa and taco sauce. Lower heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans just before serving and heat through.