A yummy dairy-free treat! You can use egg-substitute in place of eggs if this is a problem.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan; set aside.
Combine all ingredients except eggs; mix well.
Add eggs and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into pan. Bake about 25 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool slightly before cutting into bars or squares.