A Southern favorite, this decadent dessert is a chocoholic's dream come true! Layers of chopped pecans, chocolate cream, and whipped topping in a indulgent Ready Crust® Chocolate Pie Crust make this dessert simply magnificent.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) READY CRUST® Chocolate Pie Crust
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages chocolate flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
Pour chocolate and sweetened condensed milk into bowl; stir until smooth. Pour into crust. Press nuts evenly onto chocolate in crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until smooth. (Mixture will be thick.)
Spread 1-1/2 cups of the pudding over chocolate in crust. Immediately stir 1/2 of the whipped topping into remaining pudding. Spread over pudding in crust. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Garnish as desired.
Toasted Pecans-- Spread out pecans evenly on a baking sheet. Place into a 375 degree F oven for 3-5 minutes or until pecans are well toasted.