Sliced peaches nestled in an egg-rich base are topped with streusel topping. Cinnamon and nutmeg add zest and flavor to this all-time favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell, 4 cup volume
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups peeled, pitted and sliced peaches
- 1 recipe streussel topping, recipe follows
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, chilled
PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees F.
ARRANGE peaches in pie shell. Combine sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Pour over peaches.
BAKE for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake for additional 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
FOR STREUSEL TOPPING COMBINE brown sugar, flour and walnuts in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.