A lovely chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. (Cake may be left in rectangular pan, if desired.) Frost with One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting.
To make One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter in medium bowl. Add confectioners' sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Stir in vanilla.