This chicken pot pie is a breeze to make using frozen mixed vegetables and a ready-made pie crust. It is also a great way to use leftover chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimento
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place one pastry into a 10-inch deep pie plate. In large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, bouillon, thyme and pepper. Add water and milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in mixed vegetables, chicken, pimento and parsley. Pour mixture into a 10-inch deep pie plate. Place top crust over chicken mixture. Flute edges of pastry and cut slits in the top to allow the steam to escape. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is hot.