Always a crowd pleaser-lasagna with plenty of melted mozzarella cheese, ricotta and sausage.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze dried
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage with the onions, garlic and 1/2 the parsley; drain. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, oregano, and basil; mix well. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
In a bowl, combine remaining parsley and Ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, eggs, garlic salt, and pepper; mix well.
In lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, spread 2 cups sauce mix. Begin layering with 4 noodles, 1/2 cheese mix, 1/3 remaining sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat this layer again and the last layer will be noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Bake covered in a preheated oven at for 45 minutes. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.