Tiramisu may be the best dessert ever invented, and this terrific version with coffee filling and espresso sauce is hard to beat. Too good to be true!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coffee liqueur
- Creamy Coffee Filling (recipe follows):
- 1/4 cup EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Espresso Sauce (recipe follows):
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (8-inch) round cake pans.
In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup EAGLE BRAND®, cake mix, water, eggs and oil on low, until blended. Pour half of batter into each prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, cool. Slice each cake into half (making 4 cake layers). Prepare Creamy Coffee Filling and Espresso Sauce.
Brush each layer evenly with liqueur. Place 1 layer in a 4-quart trifle dish or bowl; drizzle with 1/3 of the Espresso Sauce top with 1/3 of the Creamy Coffee Filling. Repeat procedure with remaining cake layers, ending with cake layer. Garnish with chocolate-covered coffee beans (optional) or confectioners sugar. Chill. Store covered in refrigerator.
Creamy Coffee Filling: In large bowl, beat first 3 ingredients until well blended. Fold in whipped cream. Chill, if desired.
Espresso Sauce: In small saucepan combine water and espresso; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in EAGLE BRAND®. Over medium heat, cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Cool.