Delicious dill pickles that are battered then fried. This recipe also works well with other pickled vegetables, like pickled peppers.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar-based hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dill pickle slices
- 1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of the flour, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, seasoning salt and garlic powder.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, 2 cups flour, salt and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Preheat oil in a deep fryer or pot to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Dip drained pickles into milk mixture and then dredge them in the flour mixture. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Salt and pepper to taste
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.