I recently took these to a Halloween party and they did not make it to the barn where the party was at! I bet 15 people asked me for the recipe. If you don't like the gamey taste of deer meat this recipe is for you!! These make great appetizers. Even pe
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound venison steaks, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning, or to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper slices
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half
- toothpicks, soaked in water
Season the venison meat with Greek seasoning and steak seasoning. Place in a bowl, and pour in enough Italian dressing to cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to marinate, but preferably overnight.
Preheat the grill for medium heat. Drain the marinade from the meat, and discard the marinade. Place a slice of jalapeno on top of a piece of meat, then wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a soaked toothpick. Repeat with remaining meat.
Grill the deer poppers for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally to brown the bacon. Serve and enjoy!