Packed with oats and two types of flour, these pancakes will go perfectly with your favorite syrup.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup dry non-fat milk powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium low heat.
In a large bowl, mix quick cooking oats, flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, dry milk powder, salt, cinnamon and cream of tartar.
In a small bowl, beat together vegetable oil and eggs. Pour into the oats mixture, alternating with water, and mix thoroughly, creating a batter.
Pour batter, 1/4 cup at a time, onto the prepared griddle. Cook on both sides until golden brown, flipping when the surface begins to bubble.