Chicken breasts baked with bacon and a sour cream mixture, served over hot cooked rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 18 slices bacon
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and cover each breast with 3 strips bacon. In a large bowl combine the soup, sour cream and mushrooms. Mix together and pour over chicken; spread out evenly.
Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
20 minutes before chicken is ready, bring 3 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. When chicken is ready, serve over hot cooked rice.