Everyone who enjoys this recipe always asks what restaurant we ordered it from! It is fast and simple to make. I would say it's a bit like a stir fry with a Thai flavor!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon wok oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups chopped dry roasted peanuts
Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Place chicken in the wok, and cook until juices run clear. Mix in red bell pepper, and continue cooking until tender.
In a bowl, mix the broth, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper, ginger, and cornstarch. Pour into the wok. Toss green onions and cilantro into wok (reserving some of each for garnish). Continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Mix in peanuts, and garnish with reserved green onions and cilantro to serve.