A brilliant steak sauce that really brings out the flavor of any type of grilled steak. It's best with eye fillet or Scotch steaks. Raspberry jam is the wildly inventive twist that really makes this sauce unique.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a saucepan over high heat, blend raspberry jam, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, malt vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until thickened.