This is great to have on hand for sandwiches. Wonderful on whole wheat with lettuce or sprouts.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) container firm tofu
- 5 green onions, minced
In a food processor or blender combine cottage cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, soy sauce, turmeric, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Process until well blended. Add tofu and pulse a few times, maintaining a bit of texture. Stir in green onions. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow flavors to meld.