Nobody can resist the temptation of freshly baked blueberry muffins - the flavor of these is perfumed with citrus and allspice. This diabetic recipe is a free preview of our Quick-Smart™ Diabetic recipe collection. The complete Diabetic recipe colle
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute (such as Sugar Twin)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; add blueberries, and toss to coat. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
Calories 142 Fat 5.5g (sat 1.0g) Protein 3.0g Carbohydrate 20.3g Fiber 1.1g Cholesterol 19mg Sodium 145mg Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Fruit, 1 Fat© 2002 by Oxmoor House, Inc. Reprinted with permission of Oxmoor House®, Inc. All rights reserved.