Delicious mushroom caps filled with a clam stuffing! Very easy, and even better than the stuffed mushrooms from that famous Italian restaurant chain.... Garnish with lemon wedges when serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 20 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style seasoning
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Arrange mushroom caps hollow side up in the baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together minced clams, garlic, Parmesan cheese, onion, bread crumbs, green bell pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning and black pepper. Slowly stir in approximately 1/2 the butter, enough to make the mixture slightly moist.
Generously fill the mushroom caps with the clam mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining butter.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.