Lettuce is tossed with toasted almonds, cheese, and a tangy vinaigrette!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
Mix the olive oil, vegetable oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and garlic in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the almonds until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, toss the toasted almonds, lettuce, blue cheese, and Romano cheese. Pour in dressing, and toss to coat.