A delectable layered dip for any special occasion made with feta and cream cheese, pesto, pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. Looks beautiful on the table, tastes heavenly on your tongue!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry vermouth
- ground white pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pesto sauce
In a food processor, combine the butter, feta cheese, cream cheese, garlic, shallot, vermouth, and white pepper. Process until smooth.
Oil a medium bowl, or gelatin mold, and line with plastic wrap for easy removal. Layer the dip into the mold as follows: Sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, pesto, cheese mixture. Repeat. Pat down into the mold, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Turn the dip out onto a serving plate, and remove plastic wrap. Serve with crackers.