Goat cheese, artichoke hearts, pecans, and green onions, topped with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, and baked for 20 minutes.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (11 ounce) log goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup soft, whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs, chives
DRAIN artichoke hearts well; chop. Combine goat cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl; beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in artichokes, pecans, green onions, and Italian seasoning. Spoon into an ungreased shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
COMBINE remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and melted butter; toss gently. Sprinkle over dip.
BAKE, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until dip is thoroughly heated and topping is browned. Garnish, if desired. Serve hot with bagel chips.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.