This Mexican-inspired cheese dip can be made with any kind of cheese and your favorite salsa. Regular oregano may be used in place of the more strongly-flavored Mexican variety. Serve it warm with tortilla chips.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed Mexican oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, blend sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in taco seasoning mix. Stir in salsa, Mexican oregano, salt and pepper.
Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with Pepper Jack cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.