A lower fat chocolate cream pie from the best kept secret of the South - Tishomingo, Mississippi.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 (1.4 ounce) packages fat-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup Neufchatel cheese
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups lite frozen whipped topping
- 1/8 cup grated semisweet chocolate (optional)
Combine 1 1/2 cups milk and pudding mix in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until thick. Spread pudding into pie crust.
Beat Neufchatel cream cheese, sugar, and 1 tablespoon milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over chocolate pudding. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Cover, and chill for at least 3 hours.