Muffin tins take some of the work out of these light and flaky dinner rolls made with instant potatoes and onion.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/4 cup dry potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add potato flakes, sugar, salt, egg, vegetable oil, onion powder, and 1cup of the flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour. Continue stirring until smooth, scraping batter from sides of bowl.
Cover and let dough rise in warm place until doubled, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
Punch down dough. Spoon dough into 12 greased muffin cups, filling each half full. Let rise until batter reaches tops of cups, or about 20 minutes.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree F(200 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.