Savory breakfast sausage adds a ton of flavor to this simple biscuits 'n gravy recipe. It's practically a meal in itself but don't be shy about adding eggs and hash browns for a hearty brunch.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- hot biscuits
COMBINE sausage and onion in large skillet. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in flour; mix well. Stir in evaporated milk, water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
SERVE immediately over biscuits.