This is a great winter warmer-upper!! Beef and vegetables are simmered in a tomato based stew. This is great with corn bread and cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) can peas, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots with juice
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain grease, and set aside.
Pour the tomato sauce, corn, peas, and carrots into a soup pot or saucepan. Add the ground beef, potatoes, and onion. Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.