This recipe is something I will whip together on nights when spaghetti just won't cut it, but time is a commodity worth more than gold. There are only two in my family, but that just means plenty of yummy leftovers. Serve this chili with cheese on top and
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground beef, and cook until evenly browned. Stir occasionally to crumble. Season the beef with chili powder, onion flakes, cumin, paprika, garlic and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
Pour in the tomatoes, chili beans, and tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for at least 30 minutes, or longer for thicker chili. Season to taste with salt and pepper.