Blueberries, raspberries and apples find harmony in this delightful pie. Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, flour and brown sugar are sprinkled on top of the fruit, and the pie bakes within 30 minutes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups sliced green apples
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Mix apples, raspberries and blueberries; pour into pie shell.
In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter or margarine, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Mix until dry and crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until topping is brown.
Baking pie is a rather straightforward technique, but a few tips can only help to make your pies come out looking and tasting perfect!