Serve this crunchy baked apple dessert with ice cream. It's the BEST!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 5 medium all purpose apples, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In medium bowl, combine apples, EAGLE BRAND® and cinnamon.
In large bowl, cut 1/2 cup butter into 1 cup biscuit mix until crumbly. Stir in apple mixture. Pour into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2-tablespoon butter until crumbly. Add nuts. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
Bake 1 hour or until golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
In 2-quart round baking dish, prepare as above. Cook on 100% power ( high) 14 to 15 minutes, rotating dish after 7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.