Chewy gooey bars with a peanut butter layer on the bottom and a dark chocolate layer on top. Sprinkle with peanuts before baking for decoration.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted and divided
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (10 ounce) package REESE'S® Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY®'S Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13 x 9-inch E-Z foil baking pan.
Stir together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 2 eggs until blended in large bowl; stir in 1/2 cup melted butter. Add oats, 3/4 cup flour and baking soda; stir in peanut butter chips. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
Stir together remaining 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, remaining 2 eggs, cocoa, remaining 1/2 cup flour and vanilla; blend in remaining 1 cup melted butter; beat with spoon until smooth and glossy. Pour evenly over peanut butter chip layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Bake at 350 F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until chocolate begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 3 dozen bars.