A very tasty soy sauce dressing is poured over chilled, cooked rice and lots of veggies - spinach, bean sprouts, mushrooms, peppers, green onions, celery. And lest we forget, a generous sprinkling of cashews. Serves twelve.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup salted cashew pieces
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
In a saucepan bring 1 1/2 cups salted water to a boil. Add 3/4 cup rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Refrigerate rice until chilled.
Combine the chilled cooked rice, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, cashews, green onions, bean sprouts, spinach and celery in a large bowl.
Blend the vegetable oil, soy sauce, parsley and crushed garlic in a separate bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad 1 hour before serving and toss well.