An A La King mixture including cubed chicken, peas, mushrooms, bell pepper and broth is poured into a casserole dish and baked with biscuits on top. Classic A La King goes casserole!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 cups green peas
- 1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup cooked, sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, then pour in broth and let thicken, stirring. Add chicken, peas, mushrooms, carrots, onion and bell pepper. Mix together and bring to a boil.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Pour chicken mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place refrigerated biscuits over top and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are done.