This salad is shaken, not tossed. All the ingredients - arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and an oil and vinegar dressing - are combined in a plastic bowl with a lid and given a few shakes. Topped with avocado slices, it is very present
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and shake to mix.
Divide salad onto plates, and top with slices of avocado.