A bit of soup and sour cream make a nice little sauce for baked chicken, and you can add some vegetables, too. This may be the perfect family dinner--it freezes and reheats well, and kids love it.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 32 buttery round crackers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Boil chicken until cooked through (no longer pink inside), about 20-30 minutes. Chop into bite size pieces and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Combine soup, sour cream, onion (optional) and mushrooms (optional). Pour mixture over chicken and top with crumbled crackers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes (or freeze for baking at another time).