This is a powerhouse chili that's a snap to make! Just saute onion, beef, and green bell peppers, and then stir in spices, chile peppers and tomatoes!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno chile peppers
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the ground beef, onion and bell peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
Add the chili powder, garlic, bay leaf, cumin, chile peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat through.