Potatoes, red onion, corn and creamed corn swim in condensed milk in this easy corn chowder.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large pot over medium heat, place potatoes, celery and onion with water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain.
Return vegetables to pot with creamed corn, corn, evaporated milk, cayenne and salt over low heat. Simmer 20 minutes.