Try this fabulously creamy and garlicky sauce over your favorite pasta. Onions, mushrooms and lots of grated garlic are sauteed in butter and blended with cream of mushroom soup, cream and a dash of paprika. Stir in Cheddar cheese and chicken, and serve.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 5 teaspoons ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups shredded Medium Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute until golden brown.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine soup, cream, ground black pepper, paprika and salt; heat until sauce thickens.
Add mushroom mixture to sauce and bring to a slow boil over medium heat; stir in cheese and chopped chicken.
Pour sauce onto pasta; serve.