Mom's original recipe with a little kick of wasabi mayonnaise to give this classic a more modern edge.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup wasabi mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- garlic salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel. Cut the eggs in half, and place the yolks in a bowl. Reserve the whites.
Mix the wasabi mayonnaise, salad dressing, relish, mustard, garlic salt and pepper into the yolks. Spoon into the awaiting egg white halves. Sprinkle paprika over the top. Refrigerate until serving.