No stuffing or rolling necessary. Just mix together shredded chicken with sour cream, jack cheese and soup, then layer with tortillas and salsa. Ta da! You have dinner.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked a
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cups salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl combine the soup, chicken, sour cream and green onions. Mix together. In another small bowl combine the salsa and green chile peppers and mix.
In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish layer as follows: 4 flour tortillas (cover the bottom of the dish), 1/2 of the chicken mixture, 1/2 of the salsa mixture, 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Add another layer of 4 tortillas and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted on top. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.