I got this recipe from my mother-in-law years ago, and it has always been a family favorite. It is real good for potlucks as it is served right out of the pan.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine gelatin mix and cake mix. Mix well.
Add next 4 ingredients - oil, eggs, water and lemon extract. Mix lightly.
Bake according to instructions on back of cake box.
To Make Frosting: Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.
When cake is done, and while still hot, ice with frosting.