Blanch broccoli and cauliflower for one minute in boiling water before adding to other ingredients - red bell pepper, cucumber and carrots. Splash with a nice Italian salad dressing and let the flavors mingle for a bit in the refrigerator before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Place the broccoli and cauliflower florets into the boiling water for one minute. Drain and rinse florets.
Combine broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot and Italian salad dressing in a medium size mixing bowl. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the vegetables for one hour.