Brown rice is cooked with taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomatoes and lettuce for a sort of 'taco salad' in a pot!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
In a saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
Stir in taco seasoning, kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and lettuce.
Cook over medium heat until heated through.