Fairly simple to make and incredibly delicious, this pheasant casserole is a sure pleaser. Cubes of cooked pheasant meat are combined with mixed vegetables, smothered in gravy, and then topped with stuffing.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can chicken gravy
- 1 pound cooked pheasant, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the seasoning packet from the stuffing mix with the butter and water. Stir in the stuffing crumbs until all the liquid is absorbed.
In a separate 2 quart casserole dish, combine the gravy, pheasant, vegetables and thyme. Stir all together well , then spoon the stuffing mix over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.